Monday, March 15, 2010

Undocumented. Unafraid.



I hold with me a memory that replays constantly in my head. I remember it was a dark night and the sound of my pounding heart became that of a rushed drumbeat. The night was silent but inside, it screamed so loud. I could feel the sweat building on the palms of my hands. My father carried me in his arms and when they gave out, his back was still good and such was his relentless effort and such was his love to make it better for me. The truth is that even at this age of four, I knew my family was crossing the U.S-Mexico border and risking our lives for the American dream. What I did not know, but would soon find out, was that at age four I was to become invisible as I did not have the right to exist in this nation.

My name is josenotpedro and I am UNDOCUMENTED

No comments:

Post a Comment